On 2018-06-09 10:00, Christoph Hormann wrote:

>> This analogy also means that competition is essential for progress in
>> OSM.

How do we define "progress"? How do we conclude if OSM today is "better"
than in the past? Are our processes becoming more mature? Is our data
quality improving? Do we have more "customers" than before? What defined
"goals" have we achieved?

I don't mean to be cynical, but I am truly unable to work out what our
defined aims are, so that we may measure progress against them.
Continued existence doesn't count by the way.

Colin