Re: [Tagging] ååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååresetPrototype (jar:file:///Applications/Thunderbird.app/Contents/Resources/omni.ja!/components/mimeJSComponents.js:226)

Wed, 27 Jun 2018 06:57:01 -0700

> <mailto:matkoni...@tutanota.com>>:
>
>     Sometimes it makes sense to do not fully delete OSM elements
>     representing completely
>     destroyed objects.
>
>     For example, completely destroyed road should not be present in
>     OSM, but it may make sense
>     to keep destroyed:highway=service until it is not visible on
>     various aerial images to avoid remapping
>     it by armchair editors.
>

> Generally I agree it can be helpful to state for a transition time
> that something is gone but still visible in common aerial imagery.
>
> What is a "completely destroyed road"? Can there still be the roadbed?
> Drainage system / remains? Much more common than something vanishing
> completely is partial removal or decay. Often, traces remain. We
> should also raise awareness in this regard, so that people consider
> their options carefully after discovering a discrepancy between the
> ground reality and our map.
>
> For a very specific use case there is natural=tree_stump which can
> often be a good choice to convert a natural=tree into, after it was
> cut. But it isn't suitable if they removed the stump as well
> (encountered this just 2 days ago).
i would tend to use the existing disused: namespace for things that are
disappearing.

richard

--
rwe...@averillpark.net