Please comment on this proposal for a property to denote the presence of pitch markings / field markings.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/pitch_markings

I would particularly be interested to learn from you, if there should be suggestions for more detail (e.g. multiple overlapping markings, fainted /incomplete markings, ) to cram into the values, or if a simple yes/no seems more appropriate.

The basketball wiki page has suggestions for line makings ..
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:sport%3Dbasketball

lines:basketball=yes/red/yellow/*

The tag allows multiple sport lines in different colours.

I think it should only be used on paved areas, other surfaces are too temporary unless well maintained.

---------

The leisure=pitch is not a usefull combination .. it is a 'required combination'.