We have already a tag for footway/foot-cycle-ways/cycleways that indicates
that the way is a sidewalk/sidepath:

   - footway=sidewalk for footpaths ( 881747  in taginfo)
   - path=sidewalk (1090 in taginfo) or path=sidepath (790 in taginfo) for
   foot-cycle-ways
   - cycleway=sidepath (2450 in taginfo)

What could be added to make it work is something like
sidewalk_of/sidepath_of=<name of street>