W dniu 09.08.2018 o 08:40, Christoph Hormann pisze:

> No, as i have written and explained this is fundamentally wrong. But it
> is a nice summary of the base dogma of the "everything is a polygon"
> fraction in OSM.

To be honest, the world is 4D, not just 2D, but OSM is not well-suited
to reflect it. Yet we try to do it anyway, because it's useful and
achievable (height: S3DB, F3DB, ele..., time: opening hours,
seasonal...). 2D is just the most natural in this project, and 1D (line
objects) and 0D (points) are just "because it's easier/useful" for some
reason (routing, lack of time, big scale rendering, lack of high
precision aerial photos... etc.).

You claim that points are "better verifiable" and "better for mappers"
than areas - so I have shown it's basically not true, and just because I
don't agree with both your dogmas I look like "2D dogmatic" (?) now.

***

But while we are talking about 2D on Tagging list - there's something
that bugs me for a long time. My proposition is to explicitly allow it
in Wiki for objects like benches:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dbench

I don't suggest disallowing node, but allowing more precise data.

--
"My method is uncertain/ It's a mess but it's working" [F. Apple]