Fortunately all streets in Brussels are already mapped, based on official
data from Urbis. So the person from Biel who would prefer to put / in those
names doesn't need to to so anymore.

There are definitely street name signs which are wrong. It would be absurd
to copy that wrong text into the name tags. It's not so wrong that is
something completely different.

Besides many street name signs in Brussels are like this:

Avenue
  Simon Bolivar
                     laan

Even if that is a spelling error in itself.
name=Avenue Simon Bolivar - Simon Bolivarlaan
name:nl=Simon Bolivarlaan

words glue together in Dutch, like they do in German.

Anyway, we don't want to put exactly what is on the street name signs in
our name tags. It's simply not practical and it would very quickly become
nonsensical.

Jo