Yes of course, I've been doing this for long already.

On 20.09.2018 14:06, Philip Barnes wrote:
Yes, just go for it. Makes perfect sense.

Phil (trigpoint)

On 20 September 2018 12:56:03 BST, dktue <em...@daniel-korn.de> wrote:

    Hello,

    I love how we map areas with amenity=school and buildings inside of it
    with building=school. The same goes for amenity=hospital and
    building=hospital.

    What I'd like to have is the same schema for firestations: They often
    have a large area and one or multiple buildings on it.

    Should I go with amenity=fire_station for the area and
    building=fire_station for the buildings inside of it?

    Cheers,
    dktue