On 24/09/18 14:36, Joseph Eisenberg wrote:
"The key language:default=* with a 2 or 3 letter ISO language code
should be tagged on administrative boundary relations, such as
countries, provinces and aboriginal communities.

In Ireland, there are legally defined areas, collectively "The
Gaeltacht"[1], where Irish is more common. There are signs when you
enter, tax breaks, and the place name signs will all be in Irish (rather
than Irish + English)[2]. I don't think we have them mapped yet, and if
we did, we could use this format.

*But* there isn't any administrative boundaries that define them. They
are small and inside other admin boundaries. They aren't "aboriginal
areas", or "protected areas".

So if you're implementing this, I suggest looking at more than just
enclosing boundary=administrative area(s).

--
Rory

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaeltacht
[2] Which can cause problems for tourist towns which use the English name: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dingle#Name