On Sat, Nov 3, 2018 at 5:33 PM Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefi...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Do we also use this tag to tag the "In case of fire, break glass" alarms
> eg https://goo.gl/images/4qVSgc, that are found throughout public access
> buildings eg hospitals, high rise offices, hotels, universities etc?

IMO to add those to OSM would be overkill: people frequenting the buildings
will know where the alarms are, and those most often get triggered also
automatically anyway.

I think it's more worthwhile focusing on the alarms that are in the street,
actionable by passer-by, or the volunteers of various disaster response
teams. The use case is of a member of such disaster response team doing the
first inspections on the ground after a major event (say, earthquake) and
noticing fire. Their printed map should have the closest alarm marked.