Mateusz wrote:

"Both methods are not very easy but are necessary very rarely and it allows
to avoid
problematic "half of tags is here, half in this relation" that is highly
problematic for mappers"

I realize it can be done this way but it's a ton of work (quote: not very
easy) compared to making one simple edit to tag the entire collection of
ways. I simply cannot understand why anyone would prefer this method over
the much easier one of merely adding or editing a tag in the relation. As
for your comment:  "half of tags is here, half in this relation"; frankly
that problem wouldn't exist if people were tagging relations properly in
the first place.

--
Dave Swarthout
Homer, Alaska