On 15/11/18 10:39, François Lacombe wrote:
Hi all,

The proposal about valves I was working on has reached the RFC status tonight
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Pipeline_valves_proposal

Goal is to describe with better destails how pipeline=valve objects are built and work. We can add visible information about actuators and sensors as needed.

Examples are a bit limited right now, I'm waiting to take pictures of more domestic devices.
Feel free to add if you have some ideas.
Obviously, I think about it for hydrants and emergency inlets.

Since only pipeline=valve is concerned so far, the document won't be applicable for canals sluice gates but most of used keys may be used in those situations Don't know if sluice gates can be properly called valves despite gate valves are defined in norms.

Looking forward to your comments

I had no idea what a 'globe valve' was .. wikipedia has it  ... what I had called 'jumper valves' as that is the bit I have replaced many times.

Probably best to have a picture to describe them .. you can use the wikipedia pictures such as

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e5/Globe_valve_diagram.svg/220px-Globe_valve_diagram.svg.png

Not something I map, so no expertise for these.