Hi,

this is my first message to the mailing list, so bear with me if this is not the correct way for suggesting something like this. I'd like to make a change to the Wiki but wanted to get your opinions first. Many (most?) public parking lots in Germany have the possibility to pay via SMS or smartphone app. For this, the parking lot has a specific number that has to be entered when paying with the mobile device. The number is printed onto the parking ticket machines. At the moment, these reference numbers are very seldom entered into OSM.

I'd like to add a tag to the Wiki page for amenity=parking (https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dparking) to encourage mappers to enter this information more often. I think the best tag for this would be ref:mobile_payment, but it hasn't been used yet by anyone else but me. Ref:mobile-payment has 14 uses but I think this is not suitable because the English spelling doesn't use a hyphen for that word. Other tags don't seem to exist yet.

So what do you think?

1. Should a tag for this purpose be added to the Wiki page?
2. Is ref:mobile_payment the best tag for that or do you prefer another
   one?

Michael (Discostu36)