that is simple with a reallity ;-)

you can have barrier=lift_gate+access=private+foot=no (or
foot=use_sidepath)

in lot of cases there is an other acces specificelly fo foot (and bicycle)
because lift_gate work with weight detection and when the barrier was
lowered it can shoot your head!

logically you use a side passage with other barrier or not...

Le mer. 21 nov. 2018 à 18:25, OSMDoudou <
19b350d2-b1b3-4edb-ad96-288ea1238...@gmx.com> a écrit :

> The wiki says the access tag represents the *legal* access condition, so
> not related to the physical aspects of the feature.
>
> Reading the wiki a bit, I see the access on gates exists to override the
> default characteristics inherent to the barrier type: “Each barrier has
> its own accessibility defaults. Use tag access=* to override them.” [1]
>
> So, lift_gate with access=foot is probably redundant, because the
> lift_gates I can think of do not have features that effectively prevent
> foot passage (they might deter or have signs, but the physical construction
> of the gate itself is not preventing foot passage).
>
> I don’t know where the default accessibility condition per gate type can
> be consulted, however.
>
> [1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Barriers

Cordialement,
Jérôme Seigneuret