W dniu 06.12.2018 o 10:47, Christoph Hormann pisze:
> On Thursday 06 December 2018, Yves wrote:
>> tourism=attraction can be added to a lot of features indeed, that's
>> why I think the label rendering in OSM-carto is a good idea because
>> you will probably never find a common rendering to encompass this
>> variety.
> Your desire for this is somewhat understandable - but this clashes with
> the current documented goals of OSM-Carto and the aim of OSM to map the
> verifiable geography and not subjective opinions.

The desire to make everything objective and measurable is also clear,
but it's also not a hard requirement. Both documented goals of OSM Carto
and verifiability rule are written to suggest some actions and guide
people, but not to rule out everything else. Which is good, because
there are many hard to verify objects (like country borders or highway
types) and other goals which are not explicitly written.

>> But on another topic, where does the idea of 'primary' and
>> 'secondary' tags I read here and there and more and more often comes
>> from? Are we making a map of the world in its complexity or what?
>> Yves
> Secondary tags refers to tags that have no distinct meaning on their
> own.  Think of a feature that has an 'access=no' tag or

Only some of them. There are also secondary tags which are perfectly
clear and the only reason they are secondary is that documentation
requires using something else with them, for example:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:memorial

--
"Excuse me, I have some growing up to do" [P. Gabriel]