First, my apologies for sending out a quoted message with no response.  I
have slapped
my own wrist.

On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 at 20:01, Andy Townsend <ajt1...@gmail.com> wrote:

One of the problems with the wiki is that inherently "the last editor
> has the last say" - nuances felt by previous editors to be important can
> easily get lost.  Good wiki editors try very hard to avoid that problem;
> bad ones don't recognise it.  The question is - is there an
> alternative?

The only thing that springs to mind is a CMS like Drupal (or Joomla, or
Wordpress).  The history
and protection mechanisms may offer better visibility and fine control, but
those may also be
disadvantageous.  IMO, their visual editors are better (but that's
subjective).  The advantages
(if any) are probably too small to make the switch worthwhile.

So there's no real alternative that doesn't involve authoritarian control.
Apart from general
undesirability we don't have enough people "at the top" to handle the
workload.  And they
may not agree amongst themselves anyway.

--
Paul