Hi Stephan & all,

I realised this see the lines below,

Sergio Manzi <s...@smz.it>
Za 16-2-2019 16:06

Hello!

Actually the analysis was not mine, but just the result of a query in taginfo
(https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/?key=building%3Astart_date), but I
guess I understand what's going on here:

all of the objects you're referring are tagged with a start_date=* key, while
the tag I was referring to (and was discussed in the mailing list) is
building:start_date=* (note the presence of the "building:" namespace
prefix...).

A query for "your" key (https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/?key=start_date)
returns 14246906 objects!!

I don't know how many of those more than 14 millions objects are buildings, but
I suspect quite a good number (an appropriate query in overpass turbo can
clarify that, I guess).

Normally I'm all in for supporting namespaces, but I understand that we have a
problem here and it would be just silly to throw away such a bunch of good
information.

I suggest you to answer to the mailing list too and underline this situation.
You can quote my answer in full or in part, if you wish.

Regards and my compliments for your outstanding contribution,

Sergio