On 2/16/2019 7:27 PM, Jmapb wrote:
On 1/30/2019 7:21 PM, John Willis via Tagging wrote:
Looking over the page for schools and  all the abandoned proposals, I assume there is some in-use tag for after-school study and test preparation type private “schools”

[...]

Does anyone have any experience tagging these types of things?

tagging it as “amenity=school” seems wrong.

I've been tagging them as office=tutoring... can't remember whose suggestion that was, but it seems adequate. (Only 35 hits on taginfo though.) Could combine with tutoring=test_prep if that's the main focus.

I checked back and it turns out I found it (office=tutoring) in the bowels of the wiki -- see https://help.openstreetmap.org/questions/26677/how-to-tag-education-centres .  The original answer there suggested amenity=tutoring_centre but that feels a little out of fashion given the general trend away from using the amenity key for everything under the sun.