Am 17.02.2019 um 17:45 schrieb Martin Koppenhoefer:
this is oversimplified, you are indeed legally required to walk on the road even in the presence of sidewalks: if carrying big loads.

Sure there are exceptions to every rule. We usually don't map that.

When there is no signage, foot=no is incorrect and will not represent the situation on the ground.
I don't agree. There are various cases where legal situation is not defined by signage.
If nobody should ever walk in that underpass, authorities should put a sign to prevent them, come on, it’s Germany,  in Italy they do it:
https://www.google.com/maps/@41.9072106,12.5050822,0a,75y,340.46h,91.26t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sdU0xMXx0zp9JjpMHB24tOQ!2e0

You of all should no how much more regulated Italy is in many aspects compared to Germany.
Nobody sane would anyway walk into a traffic tunnel without pedestrian spaces, regardless of the instructions your navigation device issues ;-)

Exactly, but how should the router know that? And not everyone listening to navigation instructions is able to assess the complete situation or find alternatives.

Tobias