Been wondering for months how to tag arches in general - not a mention in Wiki.

I do like man-made = arch.

I do think that there are several major types of arch which help, so this discussion started with torii and a possible answer is given as

Perhaps they could be man_made=archway and archway=torii?

The archway tag could have values such as torii, triumphal-arch (Arc de Triomphe in Paris, Marble Arch in London), roman-gate. Suitable values for others will be needed.

It seems to me that many arches have a deep cultural significance, often they were constructed to be significant in that respect, so I would expect memorial or possibly religious tags to be associated with an arch.

How to proceed? If there is agreement does it need voting on? Or can the wiki be expanded to show this as a tag?

Regards

TonyS

sent from a phone