On Sun, 17 Mar 2019 at 21:44, Jan S <grimpeu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Okay, I think the police scheme is consolidating.

Yep, coming together nicely :-)

> I had included a new landuse=police tag, inspired in landuse=military. I'm
> not sure whether we really need that. I came to think that the police
> doesn't use land in the same way the military does for training grounds,
> huge shooting ranges, bomb dropping areas or even nuclear test sites. So as
> of now I tend to eliminate it from the proposal.

I don't know about that?

There are some extensive Police areas, rather than just buildings - as
mentioned, the Academy, driver training area, Mounted Police stable, which
would usually include paddocks & so on.

They would all be tagged as police=facilities, but how would they render,
as they wouldn't / shouldn't have the Police icon on them? I suppose you
could stretch things a bit to make them a University, racetrack &
farmland!, but not *really* appropriate!

They could all also be tagged as the landuse=government which was discussed
a few months ago (which I think is what Martin was suggesting?)

Thanks

Graeme