On 18/3/19 7:28 am, Paul Johnson wrote:
Also a good example of a situation why it makes sense to include bicycle lanes in the lane tagging scheme.

lanes=7
cycleway=lane
bicycle:lanes=designated|yes|designated|yes|yes|yes|yes
motor_vehicle:lanes=no|yes|no|yes|yes|yes|yes
turn:lanes=left|left|through|through|through|right|right

So a bit like this then:

https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/406086966

My turn:lanes is a bit different because there are no through arrows painted on the road--to be fair you can't see that in the street view.

Since I did this one I've realised that

access:lanes=no|yes|no|yes|yes|yes|yes

has the same problem as access=yes so I've been using

access:lanes=no||no||||

because that leaves the access as the default values in the lanes that aren't bicycle lanes. I'll have to remember to fix this one...

I've also realised that it's probably good practice to add a plain cycleway tag so routers that don't process :lanes tags can see the bike lanes. I would add a cycleway=lane and change the :lanes tag to

cycleway:lanes=lane|no|lane|no|no|no|no