sent from a phone

> On 13. May 2019, at 18:06, Jmapb <jm...@gmx.com> wrote:
>
> I'm reluctant to recommend the OSM database as the best place to collect
> links to the individual restaurant pages of various delivery services. I
> prefer this "delivery:partner=*" recommendation on
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Key:delivery . The value could be
> semicoloned, eg delivery:partner=deliveroo;menulog;ubereats.

+1

> And if delivery:*=* is adopted, I'd recommend to start with delivery:*=yes
> and make the url optional.

+1

> One weakness of both of these schemes is that there's no obvious way to
> indicate that the restaurant also does deliveries itself -- which many of
> them do, and prefer to do, since they don't have to give a cut to a dot-com
> middle man.

Right, maybe we should introduce a code for this to be added along the delivery
partners, something like “self”? (naturally this would break if a company
called self would offer delivery services).
Maybe the delivery:partner tag should be called delivery:operator (self would
fit better)?

> On principal I'm not a fan of giving airtime to these delivery services
> because of their predatory behavior

yes, just because we agreed on a tagging scheme doesn’t imply we have to add
these tags ;-)

> ...s are used I would strongly recommend that they be based only on
> physically (or photographically) verifiable signage, not just on the fact
> that a restaurant can be found in the online database of a given service --

I’ve hardly seen signage (yet), but some restaurants have flyers and
advertising on the bill.

> which might be entirely involuntary, and therefore not, in fact, a verifiable
> property of the restaurant itself.

verifiable facts about a restaurant (or other feature) might not always be
verifiable in the feature itself, but still be verifiable for everybody
interested in it (elsewhere). If the URL is accessible for everybody it would
satisfy the verifiability requirement, wouldn’t it?

Cheers, Martin