Hi tagging, hi Warin,

Sorry to interrupt, but I disagree at this point.
* * *
TL;DR:
changing_table: "A tag for tagging changing tables"
was indeed bad.

changing_table: "provides a surface for changing the nappy (diaper) of
an infant or young child"
is just right (explains that "table" can be a "generic surface", that
"changing" refers to "changing babies".

"changing the nappy (diaper)" is well-suited in a description, no need
to define what "change a diaper" means
* * *

We should aim for '*self-explanatory* *description*', the gold
standard being duck tagging.
We can have a lot of self-referencing, which means the key-value is
well suited to describe the object, with a short and clear text as
much as possible.
On the other side I think we should avoid long, complicated sentences,
or escaping terms (circumlocution)
a few examples:
amenity = hospital: A hospital providing in-patient medical treatment
amenity = school: A primary or secondary school (pupils typically aged 6 to 18)
wikipedia = *: Provides a link to Wikipedia's article about the feature
religion = *: Defines the specific religion

I completely disagree we should have '*definition*' and avoid
'*self-referencing*'.
OSM wiki is a documentation with *description* and use of tags,
but it is not a dictionary for *definition* of terms.