I would appreciate help with the description and definition for tidal
channels: aka tidal creeks, sloughs, pills, usually located in salt
marshes, tidal flats or mangroves.

Right now the short description is:

"A natural intertidal waterway in mangroves, salt marshes and tidal
flats with water flow in the direction of the tide"

And the longer definition:

"Use waterway=tidal_channel for a natural tidal waterway within the
coastal marine environment with bi-directional flow of salty water
which depends on the tides. Such channels form along protected coasts
with limited wave action and a gradual slope, usually within tidal mud
flats, salt marshes or mangroves. These channels can be distinguished
from rivers due to the higher salinity levels and because the flow of
water away from the sea at high tide is equal to the flow of water
towards the sea at low tide."

Does this clearly define the difference between a tidal channel and a
river or stream?

Please comment on the waterway=tidal_channel proposal or here:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Tag:waterway%3Dtidal_channel

I've added more photos and examples there too.