Sven,

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate having your involvement in
this proposal.

>> 2)  Deprecate bbq=* (use barbecue_grill=* instead).
>
> Well, in practice according to taginfo there are zero campsites featuring an
> additional bbq or barbecue_grill tag.

Mainly this is used for picnic sites. It's not a common tag;
barbecue_grill=* is about equally used but also still rare. But it
might be useful for specifying all the features at a
tourism=camp_pitch, in addition to picnic sites and the like. The
reason for choosing barbecue_grill=* instead of bbq=* is that bbq
could imply permission to user your own grill, rather than the
presence of a grill which is permanently installed at the feature.

> Well if you are about additional tags I would strongly recomend adding
> another one which is already supported in http://opencampingmap.org
> In Germany there are a lot of campsites which rent pitches on a seasonal or
> even yearly base. People often use them as a kind of weekend home.
> We call them "Dauercamper" which is likely called "permanent campers" in
> english.
> As this is quite common here and there are even sites for permanent
> residents _only_ I invented a tag called permanent_camping=yes/no/only

That's an interesting idea. I don't know much about this concept
myself, so it would be better if this were kept separate. Is it like
renting a summer cabin, or more like having a permanent spot in a
mobile home park (eg for fixed caravans)?

I see it's already been used 50 times. Maybe you can make a proposal
or a wiki page to document it?
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Key:permanent_camping&action=edit

Thank you for your help,

-Joseph Eisenberg