Creeks and rivers are tricky, since it's hard to confirm whether or
not they are good for swimming. Tagging sport=swimming on certain
nodes of a river or stream is sort of like a review or recommendation,
and these are not good for the main OSM database.

The linked page says 'leisure=swimming_area' is for an "enclosed
natural water area inside a facility" and the main wiki page for the
tag says "an officially designated place where you can swim in natural
water reservoirs such as rivers, lakes or the sea. It could be marked
by e.g. signs or buoys and/or may be supervised by lifeguards"

So if there is an area for swimming in a lake or pond (or river?) that
is delimited by floating buoys and ropes, that would be good to map.

If there's a natural=beach you can also map that.

-Joseph