> How is this different from highway=corridor?
The wiki for highway=corridor says that it was part of an older indoor tagging
scheme, but doesn't link to that scheme, so it's hard to understand how it
would fit into that scheme. The biggest difference of course is that
footway=indoor tags highway=footway while highway=corridor is a different
highway=* tag.

If highway=corridor is used for indoor routes, there probably should be some
discussion in the wiki of how it is to be used with SIT's indoor=corridor,
which describes space in a very different way. Should highway=corridor be used
to mark routes through non-corridors? Museum and hotel lobbies, conference
spaces, and similar areas are tagged as indoor=room in SIT.

I discussed this with a few other people at SOTM US, and a couple of other uses
for highway=corridor have been mentioned. For example, it's been mentioned as
being used for an exterior passage that goes through a building, which I
associate with tunnel=building_passage. It was also mentioned as being used for
an underground shopping corridor, such as you might find in a large underground
urban train station. There are a lot of examples of highway=corridor in
taginfo, I hope the use of this tag could be better documented.

Jeremiah