On Wed, 11 Sep 2019 at 22:26, Janko Mihelić <jan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> sri, 11. ruj 2019. u 20:24 Mateusz Konieczny <matkoni...@tutanota.com>
> napisao je:
>
>> can you give specific example of case
>> where part:wikidata would be better
>> than wikidata?
>>

> The classic example is a street. Streets are one of those objects in OSM
> which are defined by a unique name on several ways. So if a wikidata item
> is about a street, all ways get the same part:wikidata=*

In this case, I'm not convinced that we couldn't accept a many-to-one
mapping of ways to
wikidata.  But if you insist, put them in a relation of some kind.  Maybe a
type=wikidata, even,
although I suspect that would have more problems than benefits.

Art or memorial installations like Stolperstein[1], which are distributed,
> but have one wikidata item. It's hard to imagine every Stolperstein will
> get its own article. And a relation with all these nodes makes no sense.

If a relation makes no sense, a wikidata item shared by them probably
doesn't, either.  I'll just
go and look at wikidata for stolperstein...  It's not identified as a
category, but it clearly is one.  It's
a sub-class of commemorative plaque.  It makes no more sense to apply Q26703203
to every
stolperstein than it does to apply Q532 to every village.  Don't force
round pegs into square
holes and don't whittle down trees into round pegs so you can force the
resulting round peg
into a square hole.

If you have a wikidata item for a specific, unique stolperstein then you
can tag it, if you wish.
But adding Q26703203 to every stolperstein doesn't help anyone.  A data
consumer using
the query tool of standard carto to find out what the symbol is of gets a
list of tags, amongst
them being memorial=stoperstein, and stolperstein is a link to the OSM wiki
documentation,
the OSM wiki documentation has links to the wikipedia article and the
wikidata item.  Adding
a generic stolperstein wikidata item to all stolpersteine is redundant and
unhelpful.

Not only that, what happens when a stolperstein with the generic Q26703203
gets its own
wikidata item?  Semi-colon list, causing problems for some consumers?
Delete the
part:wikidata=Q26703203 and add a wikidata=*, thus confounding anyone
thinking an
overpass query for part:wikidata=Q26703203 will find ALL stolpersteine?
You are putting
stumbling stones in everyone's path here [pun intended].

OSM and Wikidata have different worldviews.  Don't insist on fitting
wikidata items to every
object in OSM.  Accept that sometimes our views of the world diverge so
much that there's
no straightforward relationship between one and the other.

And then it could be used when the mapper isn't sure how to map a wikidata
> item, so she just tags all the parts with part:wikdiata=*. Then someone
> more experienced shows up, and creates a valid relation, and sums up all
> those parts into one wikidata=* (and deletes the part:wikidata=* tags).

So what you want is synonymous with "fixme."  But more complicated and
requiring more work.
I'm not convinced this is a good idea.

--
Paul