What I got out of this discussion is, part:wikidata will probably not be
widely used, but people still agree that most of the wikidata tags that are
on multiple OSM objects are wrongly tagged. So maybe the right way is to go
case by case, and see how to deal with them.

For example, a lot of rails and motorways have all ways tagged with the
same wikidata tag, in addition to the relation. I feel a lot of us think
that only the relation should be left with the wikidata tag. I will be
going through the taginfo list[1], and be unifying those tags. Is that ok
for the majority here?

I could also make a wiki page of "What not to tag with wikidata=*" and put
these two examples there.

Then later we can expand that list with consensus.

[1] - https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/wikidata#values