On Tue, 10 Sep 2019 18:59:29 +1000, Warin <61sundow...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 'opening_hours="By appointment, phone ####"' (the ### is the phone number
> that I don't recall of the top of my head.
>
> I think this is more versatile than yet another value as it allows an
> individual response in the local language.

I see "local language" as a big drawback in the following reasons:
- Data consumers might want to handle appointments differently. For example a
POI browser that shows "now open" could use a different colour for "now open on
appointment".
- Tourists using OsmAnd don't always understand the local language.
- In bi-lingual areas like the capital of Belgium, using local language would
mean using both Dutch *and* French.

Do you have a more concrete example of what versatility you would be after?
Something like Mo-Fr 09:00-18:00 "on appointment for non-members"?

Also note that the appointment keyword would allow additional comments. This
works when specific instructions are needed like Mo-Fr 09:00-18:00 appointment
"don't call, use the website".