On 09/10/19 09:45, Jmapb via Tagging wrote:

On 10/8/2019 6:20 PM, Graeme Fitzpatrick wrote:

I was wondering about the same thing, because you've then also got Country & Western, German, any & all varieties of Gay ... ?

Bit of an awkward one, but there are pub's in Northern & Inland Australia that white people are NOT welcome in (& I'm absolutely certain that the same thing, & reverse, applies in many places). Is that something that we could / should list against OSM pubs?

Other common themes are Polynesian (tiki bar), speakeasy, surfing, medical... plenty more out there I imagine. There's one bar in NYC that's themed around smashing appliances with bats.
theme=* could work, and apply to other features.
But description=* can be used as well, the advantage is that this key has some rendering support, though it will be less searchable than the theme=* key.

For gay bars there's a well-established `lgbtq=*` key.

Personally I wouldn't consider ethnic restrictions to be a "theme." Certainly a tagging scheme to codify the world's various local ethnic restrictions could be developed, but the topic leaves a bad taste in my mouth so I'm not inclined to make suggestions.

A 'restriction' could be some form of access key?