The only pedestrian lane that I know, in my German hometown, is separated from
the rest of the road by a solid line. So it's not legal for vehicles to drive
on it.
MichaelĀ

  Am So., Nov. 3, 2019 at 8:20 schrieb Martin
Koppenhoefer<dieterdre...@gmail.com>:

sent from a phone

> Il giorno 2 nov 2019, alle ore 20:37, Clifford Snow <cliff...@snowandsnow.us>
> ha scritto:
>
> I like your proposal but think it needs to clarify the difference between a
> pedestrian lane and a shoulder [1]. In the US, most (many?) states allow
> pedestrians to walk on shoulders if there is no sidewalk/footway, with the
> exception of motorways. How would a mapper know if this is a shoulder or a
> pedestrian lane?

you may not drive on the shoulder but you can drive on the pedestrian lane.

Cheers Martin