Il dom 3 nov 2019, 11:19 Warin <61sundow...@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> On 03/11/19 18:51, Francesco Ansanelli wrote:
>
> Hello list,
>
> I don't know is anybody wrote about this before, but I have noticed that
> the emergency tag changes meaning on hospitals and the result is weird:
> emergency tag indicate whether an emergency vehicle has access to the
> way/point, but on hospitals his value is about emergency rooms.
> I cannot imagine an hospital that disallowed access to emergency vehicles,
> but the editors by example forgot about this and indicate so...
> To avoid any ambiguity a rename could clarify the situation:
> emergency -> emergency_room
> On every hospital and we can assume emergency=yes on them (it's hard to
> me to imagine a place that is emergency=no btw).
> What do you think?
>

> It is not only an 'emergency room' that is required to be suitable for
> emergencies.
> Some 'hospitals' simply cannot deal with emergencies and so emergency=no
> is a good tag for them.
>
> As we all know an emergency vehicle will not pay much attention to stop
> lights etc,
> so if it suits them then emergency=no will not stop them calling into  a
> hospital. But most ambulances will already know of the hospitals capability
> and so they won't be using OSM. It is the people travelling by private
> vehicle who will not be aware of the capabilities that can be caught out.

Right, but imho it's like the tag dispensing, here in Italy we can
distinguish a pharmacy: Farmacia or parafarmacia using the dispensing flag.
For the hospital we distinguish between ospedale and 'pronto soccorso' if
we use the same tagging of other features this could be misleading...
Anyway if there is general consensus I'll open a ticket on my favourite
editors issue tracker. Cheers