> seasonal=summer

Well, this is the problem with the tag "seasonal" - it's not 100%
clear if "seasonal=summer" means "this feature is only available in
the summer" or "this feature is NOT available in the summer".

As mentioned on the wiki page "Note these values can be ambiguous for
features that that vary between different states since it can be
unclear which state occurs at which time of the year."

For a drinking fountain I would assume that "seasonal=summer" meant
"available only in summer), but for a natural spring in a hot,
dry-summer climate, I would have to assume that "seasonal=summer" is a
mistake which meant "not present in summer", though it should have
been tagged "seasonal=autumn;winter;spring" perhaps.

And here in the tropics it is every more confusing to interpret
"seasonal=wet_season" and "seasonal=dry_season" - one expects
"seasonal=dry_season" for roads and "seasonal=wet_season" for rivers,
but this is not always used properly.

The simple "seasonal=yes/no" is at least clear, though with natural
features "intermittent=yes/no" is more common and has a similar
meaning.