No, I'm not talking about cycling on a sidewalk (I don't know why you
thought that ??), I discuss continuous sidewalk and continuous cycleway
together because it's the same layout, the same problem.
And I'm doing that because I'm interesting in cycling infrastructure more
than others.
For instance this is a typical dutch continuous sidewalk/cycleway
https://www.mapillary.com/app/?lat=52.3608851685737&lng=4.867902368825185&z=17&pKey=ru8z7_PBx5Ao2LU6TX2XfQ&focus=photo&x=0.4098509000113021&y=0.620642840587665&zoom=0

Anyhow I updated the page
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Continuous_Sidewalk
continuous_sidewalk/continuous_cycleway=yes/no are now tags, so no more
collision and can be used on the junction node or on the way.

--
Florimond Berthoux