> "The idea is to slowly deprecate the amenity tag"

I don't see why we should deprecate a key used millions of times for
important features like schools, hospitals, pharmacies, banks, gas
stations, and parking lots.

Changing this would require all database users, including all 4 map
styles on openstreetmap.org, to change what features are rendered, for
no clear benefit, and would also require retagging millions of
features.

The key "healthcare" was approved almost 10 years ago in 2010, and
many of the newly introduced tags have been somewhat popular, but
there has never been any momentum towards replacing the commonly used
tags for hospitals, pharmacies and clinics, because there is no
problem with the existing tags.

Rather promiting double-tagging with healthcare=pharmacy is a problem:
it is a needless duplication which provides no additional information.

- Joseph Eisenerg