06-Mar-2020 20:39:30 Peter Elderson :

> > [...] Is it a significant burden to include a router with a renderer?
> I wouldn't know. It seems strange to me that established routes have to be
> re-routed to display or use them. How can you be sure the re-created route is
> the one that is defined by the operator? Keeping as an example the city PT
> map.

That is something that mappers/maintainers would have to test, as they already
do. The difference is that the time and effort required to create and maintain
the relation is greatly reduced.

Tangentially, something that might help would be a validator for editors that
checks if a route (whether defined by ways or as deduced by a router as we
propose) matches user-specified GPS traces.