I know that in the aerialway=station wiki site is nothing written about
public_transport.
But there should be the description about when the public_transport tagging is
allowed and when not.

If there is nothing in the aerialway=station what say when public_transport is
OK and when not, iD will add the public_transport to all aerialway=station,
according to these Wiki links:
https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/issues/7491
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?oldid=625726
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Public_transport#Cable_cars

And so someone with better English then me, should write this into the
aerialway=station Wiki, and fix writings in above linked sites!

Gregor