On Tue, 21 Apr 2020 at 02:37, António Madeira <antoniomade...@gmx.com>
wrote:

> So, what's the rationale for using heritage:operator and not heritage:ref?
> It's these inconsistencies that breaks my logic...

Why are the eyes of tetrapods (fish, reptiles, birds, mammals) wired
backwards?  Why does the recurrent laryngeal nerve from the brain
to the larynx go down into the chest and around the aorta?  Why do
baleen whales develop teeth in embryo that are resorbed before they
are born?

Same answer.  The heritage tags evolved.  If somebody had sat down and
thought everything through, it might have turned out differently.

The endless bickering here is to try to ensure we think things through
and don't end up with schemes that, in hindsight, are sub-optimal.

--
Paul