Consider a wetland that contains a water body. I'm used to map that as natural=water inside natural=wetland - no multipolygon fanciness, just one on top of the other. JOSM validator complains about it, which irks me, so I opened a ticket at https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/19171 - where mdk suggests that I may be doing it wrong...

Is my simple way incorrect ? It feels correct to me because wetlands are complex objects - water bodies are part of them, cross them or partially overlap them. From a tagging point of view, it implies that some area is both natural=water and natural=wetland - I see no problem with that... But others might consider that a logical impossibility.

So, which is the correct way: plain natural=water inside natural=wetland, or a natural=water multipolygon with natural=wetland on its inner ?