Dear all,
for refining and more detailing how telephone-covers get tagged, I created a proposal that
adds four more values to the key "covered" for detailed mapping of public telephone's covers. I believe that the key covered=* is sufficient for that, added examples and tried to clearly define each new value. Of course, covered=yes can stay as the easy way for covered phones, but when going into detail I propose four new values. The proposal can be found here: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/extend_telephone_covers

I'm looking forward to your comments on the proposal's discussion page.

--Lukas