On 31/5/20 9:20 am, Graeme Fitzpatrick wrote:

Yes, there are 1000 things in the Australian bush that'll kill you :-), but none of them will actually eat you! (not even Drop Bears! https://australianmuseum.net.au/learn/animals/mammals/drop-bear/ :-)) Same applies to (virtually?) all of Western Europe, but how about North America, Africa, Asia & so on? Do we have / need a way of tagging that bears (or whatever) may be encountered while walking in this area?

A dead carcass will be deposed of in the Australian bush by animals, birds and/or insects.

So, yes your dead body will be eaten in the Australian bush... in some places quite quickly. Usually bones and hair will be left behind some of it as scat.

As for tagging 'dangerous areas' .. areas that pose danger such as some favelas cannot be tagged in OSM. I see the same logic applied to dangerous areas caused by wildlife.