Martin Koppenhoefer:

==
there aren't only written/drawn sources by the way. Oral tradition can
also be relevant. Your grandpa told your dad and your dad told you, why
not?
==

That is what the history is for.

Also it does not scale to more than one change.

The road where I live have been changed many times. Part of it just got
replaced with a cycleway.

Certainly there are oral tradition and tales about shops and
restaurants. Even without a grandpa. I know places that have had 5+
different shops and restaurants. But do we really want to keep many
objects representing different restaurants at the same place, when we
already have

Some stores are tagges as vacant or disused.
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/3405891059

Which makes some sense if there still is a physical separate store.
And it could be useful, e.g. for someone wanting to lease it.
But this one should not have the name.
And it is not really a shop. I think it should somehow be tagged as
retail space for lease.
Because maybe it will be leased by a dentist or an accountant.