there is a long stalled proposal for a relation type of circuit for
handling motor racing tracks. i suspect it will never be approved,
the last time i brought it up there was a general lack of response.

but it seems to me that a new relation type is not necessary anyway.
probably adding a new subtype to route relations would be more than
sufficent:

type=route
route=raceway

this would more than suit my requirements and i have no problem with
going through and changing all the circuit relations i've done in
OSM to use this tagging scheme. there are some subtags from the circuit
proposal that would be useful to carry over for things like start and
finish lines.

thoughts?

richard
--