sent from a phone

> On 8. Aug 2020, at 17:58, Paul Johnson <ba...@ursamundi.org> wrote:
>
> Which honestly makes me surprised we have two separate amenities for parking
> already, since amenity=parking, access=no, bicycle=designated would be
> equivalent to amenity=bicycle_parking, and would make it easier to describe
> unusual parking situations (like a parking area that only allowed bicycles
> and buses to park) more intuitively.

this tagging would probably exclude pedestrians from walking through the
parking. It is also inconsistent with the definition of amenity=parking: “ A
place for parking cars“
It seems pointless to discuss these hypothetical alternative tagging
definitions when we all know that if is very unlikely that the definition of a
well established tag will be changed completely.

Cheers Martin