> On Fri, 14 Aug 2020 at 14:33, Paul Allen via Tagging
> <tagging@openstreetmap.org[mailto:tagging@openstreetmap.org]> wrote:

> Is there a serious need (other than, say, one person's dissertation) to
> perform
> database queries to find objects that are tree-lined?  I can see the need to
> find the nearest car park with disabled spaces, or vehicle charging points,
> but
> not for trees lining it.  That's probably just me, but trees lining a car
> park do
> not influence my choice of whether or not to use it.

It may be important to the crazy people that still use their bicycle
in an otherwise air-conditioned, motorized world.  "Back in the days"
people with a less strange relation to mother nature knew that a tree
lined way has much more comfort cycling on if these trees spend shadow
on a sunny day.  If you do long-distance cycling it may be of interest
to find a route not predominantly exposed to sheer sun.

/rants on/
Unfortunately, most people do not seem to care.  Driving a car is
"god given" and if you say anything people go crazy.  If you don't
own something that makes noise and pollutes the environment, di-
rectly by fumes or indirectly by production (the electro hype),
you're deemed impotent or low-performing.  And anti-mobbing
courses are beyond the scope of OSM. :.p
/rants off/

Greetings