On Sun, Sep 27, 2020 at 3:30 PM Yves <y...@mailbox.org> wrote:

> Le 27 septembre 2020 21:43:31 GMT+02:00, Peter Elderson <
> pelder...@gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> >The idea that natural=wood is for natural woods and landuse=forest is for
> >managed forests has too little practical support.
>
> Yet, this is one of the first thing I learn in my early days in OSM.
> Yves
>
> Same here.

I don't have a problem with landuse=forestry if that would satisfy the
concern that landuse=forest is too widely used. That still leaves the
problem of the following tags.
landuse=forest 4.7M uses according to taginfo
landuse=logging 58K
natural=wood 6.6M uses

Landuse=logging might be a better tag than landuse=forestry. It has had
a wiki [1] page since 2018.

I would recommend using landuse=logging since it is established and
depreciating landuse=forest. natural=wood should be used for wooded areas
with no commercial logging activity.

[1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:landuse%3Dlogging

Best,
Clifford