On Mon, Oct 05, 2020 at 04:58:19PM +0000, 德泉 談 via Tagging wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I want to write a new proposal about the battery swapping system for the
> automotive vehicle. I'm not sure if modifying amenity=charging_station is
> better or creating a new tag amenity=battery_swapping. I prefer to use
> amenity=charging_station but found that is not a easy thing to do that.

It will almost always be the case that a station both swaps and
charges, but they are logically distinct. Using amenity=battery_swapping
means that some people will object to
amenity=battery_swapping;charging_station.

I don't know why there are objections to multiple values, but that
multiple tagging seems to be the most accurate if the community accepts
it.

ael