Am 10.10.2020 um 20:16 schrieb Emvee:

Basic question I think, for a bicycle router bicycle=no on a node
means it should "avoid" crossing the node likely by adding a moderate
penalty as the cyclist could make the choice to dismount passing the
node. I know at least on bicycle router implementing it this way, see
https://github.com/abrensch/brouter/issues/265
Really just by bicycle=no on a node?
It does not check for barrier=* first?
I think that would be a bad idea.

The check is just on bicycle=, see the end of
https://github.com/abrensch/brouter/blob/master/misc/profiles2/trekking.brf

In the bouter github issue everybody (incl. the developer, but excluding
Mateusz) do expect bicycle=no on a node to mean bicyle=no in node context.

Question now is if this rule should be applied differently if it is
used in combination with highway=crossing.
At least I think so.
The recent "meaning of highway=crossing + bicycle=no" thread makes
the case that it means "you cannot use this crossing to cross road
while cycling, it does not affect legality of cycling on the road"
I think so. The main tag ist highway=crossing.

I see nothing like this mentioned on
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:access.

Do you know any other combination a tag with an access tag on a node
that means something else depending on from which way you enter it and
leave it?

I think you suggest ("It does not check for barrier=* first?") to have a
bicycle router ignore bicycle=* on nodes except in combination with
barrier=*. That would mean one could just remove bicycle=* as it is
largely useless, see my response on "other data consumers" elsewhere in
this thread.

I see this as common practice (for whom this crossing is meant).

An educated guess is that there are 3000 crossings mapped incorrectly
with bicycle=no of the 4.5 million crossings mapped, that is 0.07%. Much
less of a problem than other problems.

by giving the right access rights on the ways connecting to the node
all possible access scenarios can be covered.
That can be a solution for crossings.

It is a "solution" that makes bicycle=no on highway is crossing unnecessary.

How to solve the issue with a single crossing node at highway=<street> without a crossing highway=<anything_but_street> because of "sideway tagging by tags on highway" mapping?

Sorry:
Why does my email program send the saving draft while I am still writing ... does matter only to osm lists ... without asking for the outgoing password - heaven!

http://www.avg.com