Volker Schmidt wrote:
> I don't know what the routers need, to be honest.
> Anyone in the router business listening in on this conversation?

cycle.travel will take account of highway=crossing nodes (e.g. where a cycleway
crosses a road), and adjust its routing weight accordingly. The adjustment is
slightly different depending on the type of crossing and the highway= value of
each connecting way.

It does not take any particular note of =crossing ways, other than to note that
footway=crossing means that the rider should push.

It does not currently take any account of bicycle=no on a crossing, not least
because bicycle=no is a very problematic tag - generally bicycle=dismount
should be used instead, reserving bicycle=no for those circumstances where even
pushing a bike is not legal (e.g. most public footpaths in England & Wales).

Richard